In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Androscoggin Historical Society

Babcock & Sharp Drug Store, Lewiston

Contributed by Androscoggin Historical Society
MMN Item 6535 Item Details
Babcock & Sharp Drug Store, Lewiston
MMN Item 6535 Zoom

Description

Percy W. Babcock opened the first Rexall Drug Store in Lewiston in 1899. It was located in the Music Hall Block on Lisbon Street.

This photo was most likely taken on June 12, 1917 (note calendar on wall), after Babcock had renovated the interior. Idell Blaisdell is on right.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.