In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Androscoggin Historical Society

Elks Club, Lewiston, ca. 1910

Contributed by Androscoggin Historical Society
MMN Item 6537 Item Details
Elks Club, Lewiston, ca. 1910
MMN Item 6537 Zoom

Description

The Elks Club at the corner of Middle and Ash Streets in Lewiston, circa 1910.

Lewiston Lodge #371 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks was established on July 7, 1897. The group first met at 36 Lisbon Street, and purchase the lot at Ash and Middle streets on November 23, 1905, and soon constructed a lodge there.

Their exalted rulers have included former Maine governor James B. Longley.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.